Friday, August 20, 2010

For a Good Cause

I had the opportunity this week to donate some wool items to an employee farmer's market where I work. All of the proceeds were to go to patient aid. That means that when there are patients that need help but can't afford it, we can do a little bit to help them get the care they need.

I'm posting this not to brag or make you think I'm such a good person (although - who could argue that!?), but it seems as though - in addition to showing my wool work and talking to you, my blog friends - my blog has also become somewhat of a chronicle of my creative path and I thought it made sense to include this wool activity as well.

So, here's what I donated:
Scarf and mittens (They were sold separately and both buyers have already told me that they were excited to purchase them and are anxious for winter!)

Pins, pins, pins!

And one of my girlfriends/co-workers who LOVES pink has been having a very difficult summer at work - so I thought she needed a Practically Purely Pink Pick-Me-Up Magnet. So I dropped this off for her the same day. I think I cheered her up - even if only for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment