Sunday, May 9, 2010

Remembering Mom

It's Mother's Day.

I'm very grateful - my son drove a five-hour-drive yesterday afternoon to come and visit me from college. I am so blessed to have a wonderful son who makes my heart soar.

I'm also very sad. My mom has been gone for four Mother's Day's now. This Mother's Day is not much easier than the first one. I miss her very much. She was my wonderful mom and my wonderful friend.

This photo was taken of my mom and dad three days before she passed over and eight months before my dad passed.  Mom went in her sleep. We had no idea she was sick. She was 69 years young and could easily run circles around me. Without a doubt, I miss her every day. Mom and dad were a couple weeks short of celebrating their 49th wedding anniversary.


Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother to a beautiful son and  daughter to a beautiful mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment