Sunday, May 30, 2010

21 Days Has Passed

Yesterday was day 21 of my 21-days-of-learning-to-meditate-better.

I have to be totally honest and say that I did not meditate every day. I tried to do it many of the days, but it just didn't happen as planned.  I did however, open my daily meditation-support-email every day. Do I get any points for that?

Even thought I didn't successfully complete the 21 days as planned, I still am glad that I have started to work on improving my meditation. Without a doubt, I have a long way to go.  I still can't believe how far a mind can jump from thing to thing when it's supposed to be quiet.

I read that Buddha began his search for himself by saying he would sit in silence until he was in a deep meditative state and at peace. But I'm quite sure he didn't have to go to work, take out the dog, answer the phone, and turn down the TV.

I'm not "there" yet - but I'll keep trying. Dang it, come hell or high water, I'm WILL BE calm!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment