Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Blooming Season

I love flowers. This year in Wisconsin, our flowers are growing quickly and blooming at their peak much earlier than normal.

Gardening is a wonderful hobby. Not cheap - but what is? It's a lot of hard work and sweat. It's a lot of aching backs from bending and lifting. It's a lot of weeds, bugs and worms.  However, it's also a lot of reward, pride, relaxation, meditative moments and complete joy.

This morning I grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots of my complete joy.

Let me take you on a quick garden tour...

Blue Flax, Chives and Iris


Dianthus with morning dew


Iris and hmmm....something from the Allium family


Splendid Rose (look carefully and you can see a little ant on one of the petals)


Roses and a variety of other greenery with bistro table and chairs in background


Pink Mallow


Hang tight, because I can guarantee that you'll be forced to see more of my garden throughout the season. So just sit back and enjoy the ride...





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I may need to take a personal tour over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's so fun having something new blooming. I never know what might bust out next.

    ReplyDelete