Saturday, May 29, 2010

Did Someone Say Hot?

As promised, it's time to share a few photos from my recent visit to Florida.

We visited Safety Harbor, a small community about 20 miles from the Tampa area.  I love the feel of the community. It's very simple, small and cozy. You can immediately feel the creative air and whimsy of the close neighborhood.

Every third Friday of the month, they have a street fair that consists of live music, food and handmade merchandise. Fortunately, we were there during that time. Main street is busy with activity and people walking the streets on the warm Florida evening.

Safety Harbor is clearly a dog-friendly community. It seems that about half of the festival attendees are proudly walking their favorite four-legged family member.

There are also several shelters among the vendors with some of the most lovable dogs looking for their special new home. Some are young and some are old - but without a doubt, they all are adorable and full of love. As an extreme dog lover, it takes me quite some time to get past all the cute tail-waggers and I do believe if I didn't have to fly back home, I'd have a couple new members added to my family! To everyone's relief, I controlled my doggie-desire and headed back to the hotel fur-free. :-)


Downtown


Pizzeria (Best homemade pizza!)


Time anyone?


My nieces cute feet and sandals :-)


Our hotel from the boardwalk


A sweetie looking out a business doorway while "mom and dad" are working inside


A tree (the trunk and the blossoms up above) - for real!
I don't know what it is but it was sure fun to see



No comments:

Post a Comment