Thursday, May 26, 2011

What I've Been Up To, Part 2 - The Lavendar Tree

As promised, here's a look at some of my other recent wool projects for this weekend's sale.

Hmmm....I don't recall exactly, but I think I made a little over 20 flower-power-pillows!  Something that I did differently with this group of pillows, is incorporate some knit/felted flowers that I had done earlier this year during the cozy-warm-inside-because-its-really-cold-outside days of winter. I was quite pleased with the results - and ended up using most of the flowers I made. Guess I better get knitting again soon!

The following are different flowers on some of the pillows. Enjoy the little wool-garden tour!














The next photos show a group of pin cushions that are made with recycled tea-light-tin-holder-lids. (Did you follow me with that description?)  Just like the Snapple pin cushions I previously made, I spray painted the metal lids and used them for the base of the pin cushion. It's quite fun making these little buggers!  One of my Etsy customers who purchased a Snapple Pin Cushion, said she got hers for her granddaughter. What a great idea - for little hands to have a little pin cushion!







No comments:

Post a Comment