Friday, May 6, 2011

Machine Confusion Part 2

Last night I received a comment from one of my readers (good gravy - that still sounds so unbelievable for me to say.....I've got readers! :-), Lora, who said that she had the same kind of thing happen with her sewing machine when switching from a lot of felt to cotton sewing.

First of all - I am responding to her comment via a new post because I'm still having problems with my computer and I'm not even able to respond to a comment or comment on any other site.

Second - Very interesting Lora. If you jump to her comment on my post, she said that her tension got goofy and she finally determined it might be the bobbin case. She's ordered a new one and keeping her fingers crossed that it clears up the problem.

Well, I have to admit that (especially for a person who sews) I don't know a lot about the mechanics of my machine. I know when it works and when it doesn't work. Yup - it's a little crazy getting by that way but that seems to be the way I work. Sure, I most likely know a little more about it than someone who doesn't even sew - but I certainly don't know as much as I should about the machine that gets me to where I always want to go. I definitely should appreciate it more than I do. Shame to me. I'll have to work on that....uh, when I have time.  :-)

But....once Lora mentioned the bobbin, it made me think that I have thought that it has been darn jumpy lately. However, with me being me, I haven't stopped to take the time and think about WHY it may be jumping. I simply ask it to stop (and not always in a pleasant voice).  I'll have to keep and eye on it and hope that it settles down on it's own. Oh wait - that's what I just said that I wasn't supposed to do.  Geesh.

BTW - Lora, the "New Pins" on your blog are adorable!

1 comment:

  1. I'll let you know when the bobbin case arrives-- The "new pins" are the happy result of my machine making so much noise when I sew that I decided I needed to stick to hand sewing until the machine was all better. Maybe it just needs a rest.

    ReplyDelete