Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Art Medley

I finished up the sale this weekend. I think it went pretty well - but more on that later.  Right now I want to tell you about a cool thing that I was asked to participate in (while I was working the art and garden sale on Saturday)!

It's called "Art Medley". It is an incredibly great fundraiser for Fredrick Arts, Inc. in Fredrick, Wisconsin - whose mission is to enhance the appreciation and production of art in our area.

Art Medley goes like this:

An artist is given a wooden shadow box (I think it's about 10" x 10" or thereabouts). The artist is asked to create anything inside that box that they wish - with whatever medium they wish. The art must fit inside the box with the exception that it can protrude from the front of the box.

All the boxes are put together to create a wonderful piece of work and is displayed at different venues throughout the summer. The boxes are then individually sold - but the buyer does not know which box they will receive. They are randomly distributed and the buyers are pleasantly surprised at which box they end up purchasing.

I think it's such a great, creative idea - and am tickled-purple to be asked to participate!

I'll keep you updated!

Check out Art Medley 2010. (The photo only shows a small portion of the pieces.)

Photo taken from Fredrick Arts, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment