Saturday, July 31, 2010

Visiting Family

This isn't about visiting family that is still with me. This is about visiting some of my family that has passed over.

My parents and many family members (on my mom's side) are buried in a small, country, in-the-valley, most-peaceful-place-on-earth cemetary. This is the church that my mom grew up attending, the church my parents were married in, and the church that my grandmother attended her entire life. I'm just guessing at this moment, but I think that on a full-house-day, it probably only seats 50 people - tops. And, I absolutely love it here and am extremely proud of it. For me, it is without a doubt one of the most peaceful places on earth.

I invite you to attend church with me today...

The front of the church.


My great-great-uncle made this incredible mosaic plant stand that still graces the church's front entrance. We're not quite sure when he created this work of art, but we are guessing that it was perhaps in the 1930's or 40's.



My mother and father's stone.



Just a tiny peek at the gentle view.

What a magnificent eternal resting place. Whenever I visit, I am suddenly transformed into a calm, gentle and complete soul filled with peace and happiness. Just as God has planned.

Thanks for visiting with me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment