Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Heck of a Find

I went to a thrift sale this past weekend in a nearby town in the wee hours of Saturday morning. It was being held in a shed/type building that was pretty darn chilly - it obviously isn't a full four-season building. (Wisconsin winter cold!)

While I was looking around, I thought to myself that I really didn't even need to be there. Sure, my initial reasoning for going was to look for wool, but really, what else did I need to get? 2011 is my year of "clearing" and this wasn't the way to get there. But, as usual, I ignored myself and kept looking.

I left about 20 minutes later with cold feet, cold hands, two wool coats, one wool sweater, a new matching set of white porcelain dishes to be used for my Charlotte's water and food dish (which work so great, by the way!), couple skeins of yarn, two sets of knitting needles, a white tablecloth with grand trim, four jars of misc buttons, a set of six wooden coasters that will be turned into pin cushions to sell on Etsy, four baggies stuffed full of vintage lace trim, a unique hand-stitched table center piece cloth/doily, and an incredible wooden bowl - all for only $28!

Here's a photo of the wooden bowl holding my wool and burlap pears. It was only $2.00!! 


I'm glad I stayed and my hands and feet got cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment