Monday, January 24, 2011

Grandma's Blanket

A few weeks ago a friend/co-worker brought me an old wool blanket that came from her grandmother's attic. She asked if I could use it - and my immediate-no-need-for-a-pause response was "of course!".

This weekend I thought that maybe I'd just play around with it a bit and make her a little pillow as a keepsake of her grandma's old-and-pretty-worn-thin-in-some-spots blanket. I decided to throw some burlap in the design because I thought the colors would look kind of classy together.

Here's what I came up with. I was pretty happy with the results and brought the pillow to work for her today.




Her response?

"Oh wow - that's great! But now my sisters are going to want one."

"How many sisters do you have?", I asked.

"Three."

Guess I'll be making three more this week...

2 comments: