Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Tin Study

Remember some time ago I mentioned a little wool project that I was working on?  Well, I haven't made great strides with it - but I did finish a few of the items.

I was lucky enough to find a small collections of tins in the thrift store, cleaned and spray painted them, and made them into pin cushions. I wanted to make them similar - but with each one being embellished in a different way. Thus - my little "Study in Tin".

I really am not thrilled by how they are turning out - but I guess every project isn't always a wild success. But....I'll show you anyway and I thought I'd given them a whirl on Etsy as well.

Study 1

Study 2

Study 3

Study 4

And, all together now...


I still have a few more that I have to finish - we'll see if they have more pizazz!

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the one with the ruffly zipper - a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gayle! I liked that one best too - but it was kind of a bear to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete