Friday, July 15, 2011

I Don't Sew

Ok.

I do sew.

A lot.

But I definitely don't sew clothing.

That, my friends, is a whole other ball game.

A few weeks ago, the zipper on one of my favorite-most-comfortable zip-up sweatshirts broke. Big bummer.

I decided that it was foolish for me to even think about replacing the zipper in the normal seamstress fashion. So I needed to figure out some way to fix it - or trash my old buddy.

I dug in my stash of thrift-store-find-zippers and found a huge zipper. I laid it next to the failed one - and wa la - it was darn near the same length! It just might work.

But instead of taking out the previous zipper and replacing it - I took the lazy-woman's way out - and sewed the new zipper under the old one...and it worked! Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I'll be darned - I can again wear my sweatshirt and it didn't cost a thing!




2 comments:

  1. That is a creative idea! I have been told by my friends who can sew that zippers are very hard to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if there's a zipper shortcut, I'll find it. :-)

    ReplyDelete