Monday, December 13, 2010

Recycled Wool Blanket

I've been wanting to make a recycled wool blanket for some time now. I just haven't gotten to it. But one of my projects for a Christmas gift was a lap blanket for my son and his girlfriend.

I finally got it done this weekend!

Many of the pieces came from an 2XL men's wool trench coat. I had originally seen it at one of my local thrift shops for $15.00. I, being quite cheap, was tempted, but didn't want to spend that much on a coat.

One day last week I went into the shop and everything was 1/2 off!  I grabbed the coat as soon as I saw it. Nice deal!

My son is partial to darker colors, but I wanted to make sure that I added one spot of nice purple (upper left corner of the first photo).....just so he could see it and always think of his mom.  :-)



PS. Don't worry - they don't read my blog - so they won't see this before Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blanket! I came from T-shirt Diaries. I am off to check out the rest of your blog and your Etsy shop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful -- looks so warm and snuggly. Love your good luck with half-price day, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete