Monday, December 6, 2010

Hotel Comfort

During my recent trip, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza in downtown Chicago. The hotel really amazes me.

It's not just the very nice, clean and updated rooms. (Which I believe that travelers so often take for granted.) PS. Free wi-fi.


It's not just the beautiful view from my 22th floor window.


It's not just the lovely, tastey, ewwy, gooy pizza happily and promptly delivered to my room on Saturday night after two long days of running a conference. (Although this was definately a great highlight!!)


Nor is it just the lovely lobby and dining area on the 15th floor.


But it is the same wonderful staff that greet us year after year. Many of the folks that we get to see each year, as we hold our conference in their beautiful meetings rooms, we have seen for many years. They range from the wait staff in the main dining area, the banquet staff that constantly behave as if we are doing THEM a favor by making all our needs met, to the bell hops that greet us with a grand smile as they wave and say "Welcome back!".

They indeed are people who believe highly in customer service. . . and it shows.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann!

    I'm from the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your wonderful blog entry about your stay with us! We're so glad you enjoyed yourself. I posted a link to this entry on our Facebook page -- we're very proud!

    I also just wanted to tell you about our Fan Photo contest. If you want, you can visit our Facebook page and upload one of these photos to be entered into our contest -- you can win a free room night! We'd love to have you participate, so if you're interested, check out our Facebook page when you get a chance.

    Once again, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete