Monday, June 21, 2010

Learning New Things

I'm in the middle of taking an ecourse called Flying Lessons.  It's a course that Kelly Rae Roberts has created from her personal experience of building a business from her creativity.

If you've never heard of Kelly Rae, she's a great artist who works with paint and decoupage to create wonderful works of art. Earlier this year she launched a new line of products with her designs on them including calendars, necklaces, prints, etc. She's a terrific inspiration.

Kelly Rae Roberts

We are now in Week 4 of the ecourse and it's chuck-full of great information. But sometimes, for as excited as I am to learn more about taking my fiber art to the next step, I can so easily get overwhelemed. Just when I feel a little confident about where I am, my excitement (ahhh...anxiety!) can build and I then I realize how much I still have to learn (and all the work yet to be done!).

Fear not, I say to myself, as I'm trying very hard to soak the information in gradually - so as not to overwhelm myself too much.

I guess I'm the kind of person that needs a little gradual soaking along with a complete plunge now and then to make things happen. But right now I'm determined to stay focused on my new Flying Lessons! Come on...watch me fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment