Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's Garden Party Time

My oh my, I've been busy and haven't had a chance to do a blog post for quite some time.

One thing I have been busy with is my annual garden party.

Every year I host a garden party for friends and family. It's always held on a Saturday morning in the early summer with food, friends and fun. This year I enjoyed hosting a black and white themed party.

Anyone who wants to, brings annuals or perenials (often dug from their own gardens) and we anxiously exchange plants. The "anxious" part comes when someone brings a really fun plant and we hope anxiously that no one else picks it before it's our turn!

Prior to the party, I have a lot of fun preparing gifts and prizes for those attending. This year everyone who came received a felted recycled wool pin.

I hold a special drawing for prizes as well. Everyone writes their name on a slip and we draw names. Over the years, my friend's young granddaughter, Emily, has become my very-efficient-prize-drawing-assistant. Happily, she's been fortunate enough to draw her own name every year. She thinks that's pretty special and it is her most favorite part of the party!  :-)

As they say, "a good time was had by all" and the rain held out until the afternoon when it poured! Whew!

Felted recycled wool pins

Magnets made with reclaimed fabric and buttons (prize drawing gifts)

Bistro table and chairs with tablecloth made from Ikea polka-dot fabric
and recycled curtains as the frolicing ruffle - Pink felted recycled wool pillow was also a prize drawing gift

Thrift store glasses embelished with black and white rub-on's

No comments:

Post a Comment