Friday, August 12, 2011

Found Items

Cleaning, cleaning. It's such a good feeling to go through items that I haven't used (or seen!) in years - but it's also a little embarrassing. I've found things that I barely remember that I have. Or even worse...that I don't remember ever having in the first place! (I guess that's what happens when you're a thrift store/garage sale gal that's not kept on a strong leash!) :-)  Let me tell you - it looks like I'm moving in or moving out right now - but as my mom always said - it's got to get worse before it gets better.

However, I did just run across some heart ornaments that I made several years back. They are made from old salvaged rag rugs. (At least I remember making them!)

I had inherited some wonderful rag rugs from my mom and grandma and there were a few that were pretty worn in spots. No worries, I was able to use the areas still in tact and make these little hearts. I also made several pillows in the same way.

So I decided that why not put the hearts in my Etsy shop - heck, there's no law that says it only has to be recycled wool!




My goodness...I wonder what I'll find when cleaning tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment