Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Few Words on Gratitude

grat·i·tude [grat-i-tood, -tyood]
noun
The quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.
 
Earlier today I was email-talking to a good friend [yes, you know who you are :-)] about trying to be more grateful and positive on a daily basis. Let's face it - life can be difficult - and some days, it's so easy to let the difficulties drag you down.
 
For example, here's one of my current issues:  Do I have a roof over my head? You bet. Does my roof leak right now? Yup - it sure does. Crap. Am I going to let that "sink" me [pun intended!]? Nope!
 
Even through the difficulties of something like not being able to afford to have my house re-roofed, I want to be able to keep myself in the you-can't-drown-me-even-when-I'm-down place [ha - another pun intended! - I'm on a roll!]. I want to be able to live a more upbeat, positive, happy life - so I'm going to work hard on practicing gratitude on a daily basis.
 
I found this posting about living a life of gratitude. It was very inspiring for me today. Check it out if you think you want to join my little gratitude journey. Gratitude

In the meantime, I wish you...
Image taken from http://www.abundance-and-happiness.com/gratitude.html - another great resource for practicing gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment