Thursday, October 20, 2011

Keeping the Bubbly Warm

I'm not someone who likes wine, but I have some friends who do. They recently (okay, if truth be known, it was about 2 1/2 months ago) celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. Since I don't see them too often, I'm safe in presenting their gift at a later date.

Now, as I said - I don't drink wine, so imagine how confused I was heading into the liqueur store looking for the perfect bottle. With a little help from the clerk (who I swear headed me to the more expensive bottles on purpose), I happily headed home with my bottle.

I had already decided that I would make a little wool stocking hat and scarf for the bottle. Personally, I don't see the need to give a bottle a hat and scarf but I thought they would get a kick out of it. And, heck, a lot of people don't see the need to cover their lotion dispenser in felted wool, but I do. So....to each his own!  :-)

A snip here, a stitch there, and a little handmade pompom right on the tip, it was done. I think their little bottle will keep nice and toasty until - they decide to chill it!






No comments:

Post a Comment