Monday, August 6, 2012

Loss of a Good Friend

My heart is so sad today. My loyal friend, Charlotte, was sent to a restful sleep this afternoon. An early morning visit to the doctor found multiple health issues with my 12 1/2 year old girl. 

I had to make an extremely difficult decision - but the doctor assured me that it was the right one to make at this point in her life. She's been a very good friend and companion to me and I will miss her terribly.

I snapped her photo this morning before we left home. I must have had a feeling deep in my heart that I may not have another opportunity to do so. Now I have to begin my journey of adapting to a very suddenly quiet and empty home. 

5 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful pup. We had to put our sweet Beau, also around 12 years old, to sleep last month. It is such a difficult and loving thing to do for them when they are suffering. My thoughts are with you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - Thank you so much for your kind words. It hurts so to lose our friends. My thoughts and prayers also to you for the lose of your sweet Beau. I sure wish they had more time on earth with us - but I guess God created them that way for some reason. Maybe for us to love and enjoy them all the more while they are here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne I am so sad for your loss. I love my Flint. I wish I could of been there with you to hold your hand. What a good momma you were to your sweet one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristen and Tree for your caring! I'm less than one week into my new journey without my little girl and can't believe how hard it is. She was such a sweet, loving, friend.

    ReplyDelete