Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Haiti Help

I just found out about a special shop that Etsy has opened to benefit Haiti. Etsy shop owners can donate items to the shop and 100 percent of the sale cost goes to Haiti relief funds.

I just donated one of my recently posted wool scarves to my shop. I don't think it's been posted to the Haiti relief shop yet - their information says that it can take up to 48 hours for it to be available to customers.


I think it's a great way to help. I, personally, can't afford to give alot in the form of dollars, but if I can do something this way, I feel like I can help just a little in a different way.

(FYI - They have encouraged people to donate things with a "heart" theme - but there are other items as well. No hearts on my scarf! :-)

I encourage you to check it out. Even if you don't purchase anything, it's pretty "heart"warming to see how many people are willing to pitch in. As of the time of this post, they have already raised $25,612.54!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartsforhaiti

No comments:

Post a Comment