Sunday, September 20, 2009

Catching Colds

I’ve been down and out since last Wednesday with the flu/cold/crap and am finally feeling a little back to “normal” today. When I’ve been ill and start feeling a little improved, I immediately start to feel more appreciative of feeling “normal” while at the same time I can't help but feel a little nostalgic. And, since I’m still in a waiting-for-a-working-camera-mode, while browsing for photos, I came across this one of my sister and I from - oh - about 40 years ago. (I’m the blonde!)

Looking at the photo, I do believe that I have my seasons mixed up. It looks more like an early spring, rather than early fall photo – but I couldn’t resist.

Mom always made sure that her girls were as safe as possible. This great photo shows mom was taking her normal precautions - assuring that we would not “get sick” while out playing, we were securely bundled in the softest (from hundred's of washes) head-scarves, assuring that the wind couldn’t get in our ears. We were always kept safe from that nasty wind making us sick.

My mom has since passed away, but oh how I would love to have had her tie that cute little scarf on my head earlier this week. I’m thinking that maybe, just maybe, I wouldn’t have gotten sick…

No comments:

Post a Comment