Monday, September 14, 2009

Camera Issues - So Let's Mosaic!

My camera is not working. It has a defective imaging part that needs to be replaced. Fortunately, the manufacturer will pay to fix it – but that means I have to be without it while it's getting a part transplant. So, I’ll work with some photos I already have until I am camera-ready again.

I had planned on posting a few fall projects – but… :-)
Here’s a fun project I worked on some time ago – a mosaic watering can without mosaic pieces or grout! It's created with decorative scrapbooking paper and a great little product called Dimension Magic.
  • Cut the paper pieces to resemble mosaic chips.
  • Brush on Modge Podge to adhere the paper pieces to your surface. (You can “mosaic” tiles for coasters, glass votive holders, tops of benches – basically any flat, smooth surface – the possibilities are endless.)
  • After you’ve adhered all of your cut paper pieces, brush a top coat of Modge Podge over the entire surface. Let dry.
  • Dimension Magic is then used straight from the bottle (it comes out perfectly when you tip the bottle upside down – no need to squish or squeeze the bottle). Cover only the paper pieces with Dimension Magic (not the background surface).
  • Depending on the size of the pieces, I generally outline the paper piece with the Dimension Magic and then fill in the middle areas. The liquid will level itself and fill in small spaces.
  • Let dry well.
  • I often apply a second coat of Dimension Magic to give a fuller, more ceramic look to your paper.
WaLa! Mosaic with without the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment